What can DH Law do for you?
About DH Law
The legal team at DH law are always accessible, listens to their clients and provides rational legal advice. David makes every effort to resolve matters for his clients through alternative dispute resolution methods before taking matters before the court. This helps clients avoid time-consuming and potentially costly litigation.
When matters need to go to court, David will work with his clients to resolve the matter efficiently and in a cost effective manner. David has experience successfully arguing cases before the Ontario court system, including the Court of Appeal, Superior Courts of Justice and the Ontario Court of Justice. He also has extensive experience bringing matters before various tribunals and other administrative bodies.
What we do for clients
David Hwang has a strong technical understanding of the capital markets, including infrastructure investments, private equity credit, venture capital and private equity. He offers commercial pragmatism and attentive, client-focused service. He sets himself apart by focusing on client relationships rather than on particular practice areas. These relationships means he can offer intensive engagement and deliver service that is carefully tailored to the needs of his clients and their particular matter.
DH Law has strong relationships with other advisers, including accountancy firms, banks, bankruptcy trustees, and other law firms that are specialists in their respective practices, which he can draw on where required to deliver seamless, practical solutions. This approach leads to successful and cost effective solutions.
Secured and Unsecured Lending
- Identifying roles and objectives of parties
- Key issues for the parties
- Essential terms that need to be identified
- Important Clauses in Third Party Documents
- Jurisdictional considerations
- Financing arrangements
- Personal loans
- Enforcement of contractual debt
- Multi-jurisdictional debt matters
- Subrogated claims
- Commencing a Claim as a Plaintiff
- Defending a Claim as a Defendant
- Commencing or Defending an Application
- Appeals to the Appellate court
Personal Injury Claims
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Slip and Falls
- Denial of Short -term and Long-term disability claims;
- Dog Bites
- Pedestrian Knock Downs
- Fire loss
Clinical Risk, Negligence and Claims Management
- Effective error reduction strategies
- Risk Management Considerations and Best Practices
- Defending Claims in Negligence
- Management of Suicidal Risk at the health facility
- Social Media and Healthcare: Understanding and Managing the Risks
- Defense Best Practices and Mitigation Strategies
Administrative and Tribunal
- Matters before the Ontario Land Tribunal; and
- The Toronto Local Appeal Body
5255 Yonge Street Suite #800
Toronto, ON M2N 6P4